Friday, June 24, 2011

It's been a while....



Well it's actually been over a year since I last "blogged" about running. I have to say this year has been a wild ride filled with life changes, disappointments, and injury, but also many new friends and hope for the future. I could go on, but in terms of distance running, I am just thankful to be healthy and doing it again!

At the beginning of June I was able to complete my longest race since last October-the Indian Celina Trail Marathon. I took it very slow and just enjoyed the ride. I was so happy to be finally hitting the trails again! I was pleasantly surprise to find out I got 3rd place overall for the ladies marathon....okay so there weren't that many ladies in the marathon. Celebrate the small stuff...

The following week, I paced Mike Else at the Mohican 100-a race we both DNF'ed at last summer. Mike finished and he was an inspiration for me the whole time.

This year, there will be more trail running and more medical school, both of which I will be thankful for. Life is about the journey not the destination.

This year I am going to try to keep updating this blog, more for myself than the fact that anyone might think my life is interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment